Thursday, May 22, 2014

Finding Out I Was Pregnant | R.R.R. mini series withLipstickAndALittleLady pt. 1

I've recently had the pleasure of collaborating with another awesome mama that I met through Instagram; Ashlen from LipstickAndALittleLady. Oh, Instagram, bringing together all of the most wonderful mommies.

She is kicking off a series on her blog called "Real. Raw. Revealed." where she will ask another blogger 3 questions, more on the personal side, and they will answer in a post on their blog and link back to the 3 questions that they have given her. Sounds fun, doesn't it?!


And guess who gets to be the very first participant!?! 

Ashlen has sent me 3 questions that I will answer every other day, starting today! I don't usually like to get super personal, but that's what this new series of hers is meant for. So I will contribute willingly :)


Here we go with the very 1st question:

How did you feel and what were your emotions at the time you found out you were pregnant with your first child? Were you alone or was someone with you to share your reaction?

 

I would be lying if I said that I could remember exactly what was going on with myself and everything surrounding me when I first found out I was pregnant with Riley... the exact moment that I found out I was growing a tiny human inside of me. I was 19 years old, and way too irresponsible. I'm one of those girls that gets their period every month and the exact same time, like clockwork. When I missed, I knew I was pregnant. I avoided taking a test for weeks... I was in complete denial. Finally peeing on that stick just confirmed my intuition, I was having a baby. I was alone when I took the drugstore test, but Ruben came with me to take a test at a local family planning clinic. Telling him was hard for me, I knew he would react the same as I did. And telling my family took me to a whole new level of panicked. I was a mess for months, and I didn't know what I was going to do. We knew our options- but there was this voice inside my heart that was telling me there was only one... I was going to be a mom. And she's been my biggest blessing ♥♥

Phew, that was an emotional throwback for me- short, but sweet ;) hope you babes enjoyed reading! Be sure to check out Ashlen's blog post where she answered one of the questions I gave to her!

On that note, here's a photo of me and Ruben while I was pregnant with Riley! ♥

 We clearly had not mastered the art of maternity photo shoots yet... :P


Question #2 will be posted on Saturday!

Have a great weekend,

1 comment:

  1. We went through that roller coaster of emotions.... But now I can't imagine life without her, right? I'm so glad we stuck it out! Riley and Ariana are awesome additions to the world!!!

    ReplyDelete