Sunday, May 4, 2014

Confessions of a... Stay-at-Home Mom | A Blog Series with Rad&Rebellious

HOORAY for my very first original blog series!

I've been lucky enough to collaborate with one of my mama friends, Vanessa, from Rad&Rebellious to bring you...


All moms have it- that thought that you just need to get off your chest. To share with the world how you really feel sometimes so that someone might actually understand you better. Let's face it, being a stay-at-home mom is quite possibly the least appreciated job these days. Maybe ever! And that's simply because us moms don't treat it as a "job". It's not something we dread getting up early for, even if those 5 am wake up calls can be tough. It's something we enjoy because we get to be the sole caretaker for our own children. To be their teacher, their friend, their playmate, their chef... all the benefits we reap are well worth it in the end. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be acknowledged every once in a while.

Vanessa & I have created this series to be encouraging, fun, amusing and even empowering for other mamas out there to relate. We just want you to know, you're not alone ;)
BORNTOBEASAHM
 
RADANDREBELLIOUS


Confessions of a SAHM...
Interacting with moms on Instagram has definitely cured my need for adult socialization during the day- don't get me wrong, I love belting out Disney JR songs with 3 little girls for 6 out of 8 hours of the day, and definitely don't mind feeling like my own boss... well, for the most part. I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish I had more time, or even desire, to go out with my girlfriends and have a drink or three. Or even to rake in more money than needed. But I willingly sacrifice it all to be able to witness first-hand all of the milestones my babes have accomplished.

(from @bossmomma_xo on Instagram)
This is definitely something that most people don't get- just because we are at home all day, doesn't mean that we have all the time in the world to get things done. I don't have enough fingers to count the amount of times that I've almost completed my daily "to-do" list only to find that my little monster children were making messes of things I've already cleaned. And can I just say, we don't get any 10 minute breaks... and forget about an hour lunch! Pfft. However, when I find myself getting too stressed about little things like keeping up with dishes & laundry... I remind myself that my babes are only little for so long. And digging through a pile of clean clothes to find underwear in the morning is more fun anyways, right?!

Did she just describe my life? I think so. And if I'm being honest, this confession (similar to my own) is exactly what sparked the idea of this series. Majority (most, not all!) of the fathers will never understand what it's like to be a mother, let alone one that stays at home to take care of the kids. It's so frustrating trying to sit there and explain to them why they should help you get the kids ready for bed or ask them over and over to put their dirty clothes in the dang laundry basket! Being financially dependent isn't ever fun, but when you think about it, men are more dependent on women to keep their lives running smooth and maybe even on their happiness. Because let's be real, I couldn't picture my boyfriend doing his own laundry correctly or making sure he ate three times a day. Guys, you need us...


Thank you to all the amazing mamas that sent in a confession to myself or Vanessa. I've enjoyed reading what you've had to say, and wish I could've shared them all! I hope everyone enjoyed this week's series of  "Confessions of a SAHM"- stay tuned for a new topic next week! I look forward to reading more of what you babes have to say :)

Happy Sunday! ☼


2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, and yes!!! These ladies pretty much summed it up. Being a stay at home mom comes with it's challenges, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Great series! Xoxo

    Nessaswrld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crudetea - sometimes you just want to talk to other adults! Girlfriend time is a must every once in a while or I'd go nuts!

    bossmomma_xo - You are not alone! But it doesn't last forever. I have heard from pretty much every parent that the years when they are little FLY BY so fast! So before you know it, you'll have everything done and a spotless 4 bedroom house (which sounds good to me, clean OR dirty!) and kids all grown up and gone... You'll be calling them to see if they want to come over and maybe bring grandkids to make a mess!

    Mommy_and_h3idi - Hubbies don't get it until they can open up and really listen. My hubby gets it now, but for a few years he just didn't. But you're right, whether they get it or not, YOU DO so keep doing what you're doing and your happy kids and happy husband might realize all you've done for them all these years...

    Paige- Lovely series! I'm over here laughing at your responses. I can just hear you saying, "Did she just describe my life?" and "Pfft" haha! I can't wait to read more yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete