Saturday, March 1, 2014

when you feel like giving up...

It's no secret that blogging is becoming more popular these days. I've been seeing tons of new Mommy blogs pop up recently, and I actually love it. Simply because everyone has a different journey.

A while back I stumbled upon a Mommy blogger who also had a YouTube channel. All these years of watching beauty gurus and I was barely finding out about the YouTube mom community!? I remember the day I found ErinandBaby's channel, and being able to relate to her so much. She was funny and sweet, and always so interactive with her subscribers. Becoming a young mom hasn't been easy in the slightest, but it was nice being able to connect with other moms and not feel so alone. Watching others share their stories inspired me- and that's when I started "borntobeasahm".

To understand where I'm coming from, you'll have to know how things were when I told my family that I was pregnant with Riley. I was just about to be 19 when I found out I was pregnant; naturally I cried. I cried because I was scared to carry a child, I was scared to tell my mom, I was scared to give birth, and I was scared of what the future (near and far) would hold for me and my new "family". There wasn't one person that was excited about this news at first. And I don't blame them. They all wanted better for us. They could've been mad at us, they could've shut us out, they could've made us feel worse. But instead, BOTH of our families supported us. Everyone was there if we needed them, and knowing that made going through this new journey as a mother so much easier. I don't know how things would've been or where I would be without the support of our families. I was extremely lucky, and I still am.

That support that I received during the toughest time in my life, was the reason why I started my YouTube channel and this blog. It was to share MY stories as a mother, to connect with other moms and be their support if they needed it, to let them know that they aren't alone. And I've been holding back. It's easy to get caught up in what everyone else is doing and seeing others do similar things on their blogs/channels. I've always tried to be unique and not follow the trends that seem to go around rather quickly. But by doing so, I haven't been successful in what this blog is supposed to be about. My journey through motherhood

So here's to many more personal posts; the beautiful, the stressful and everything in between. 

If there's anything you want to know, just ask! :) Any stories you would like me to share?

Thanks for reading,

1 comment:

  1. I agree that every mom has their own journey, therefore you aren't following any trend, you're just sharing your life and your journey as a mom :)

    http://lifewithemersyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete