Thursday, March 6, 2014

All About Andi: Her 1st Year ❤

Tomorrow Andi will be 15 months old. WHAT!? You don't truly understand the phrase "time flies" until you become a parent. I'm not going to say that "it feels like just yesterday I was in the hospital giving birth", because it doesn't. It feels like it's been a year. But that doesn't mean that I wouldn't wish for that year to be replayed again, except this time, in slow motion.

I don't feel as though I documented enough of Andi's 1st year, which makes me sad and upset at myself for being so... so... LAZY! Being a mom to 2 little princesses has definitely taken it's toll. So here I am today, to reflect and share with you some special moments during Andi's 15 months of life!

I mean, we can't start off Andi's 1st year without showing you a picture of her in the womb, right? I was all belly and feeling HUGE in the picture on the right. There would be days where I seriously thought my stomach was going to burst open like a piñata.
Welcoming Andi Kekona, born on November 7th, 2012. Weighing 7 lbs. 13 oz., 20 inches long. She was perfect in every way possible. I was so happy to finally see her! To greet the sweet face that made my uterus her comfy home for 9+ months. So comfortable, she had to be forced out via induction! An induction that took 2 days, to be exact. I shall share my labor + delivery story with you all, if you want to hear it. :)
leaving the hospital!
For the couple of weeks following Andi's birth, we were in and out of the doctor's office checking on her jaundice levels. Riley also had this when she was born, except she was not discharged from the hospital at the same time I was. Andi was lucky and got to leave with mama. However, she had to get her foot pricked at least 6-8 times during her appointments to draw blood. She definitely didn't appreciate that very much.
Andi's first few months were pure bliss. Ruben had a paternity leave from work so he was able to stay home with us for 3 months from Andi's birth date. I seriously couldn't have been more happy having him home with us and being able to bond as a family. I was so scared about becoming a mom to two- wondering if I could handle it, if I would have the patience right away, or the energy!? And I most definitely didn't want Riley to feel left out from the constant attention Andi was going to need. Ruben being home was a great transition for all of us.
Andi's 1st holiday season included a trip to Oceanside, CA and her first Christmas house hop! I didn't know a 2 month old could receive so many things! Andi was still fairly new to the family, so being able to spend time with all of our loved ones and show off our new addition was very heartwarming for me. Family time will always be my favorite!
And here's our first family Christmas picture! Not that it got sent out to anyone, but I did make sure to post it on all social media sites... So that counts, right?
Andi has always been the sweetest little babe. So cuddly, and so happy. There's only one thing I wish I could change- her sleeping schedule. This little monkey has not slept through the night since she came out of the womb! NO LIE. She still wakes up 3-4 times a night to nurse, to this day. Talk about exhausted...
Andi exclusively nursed for 7 months and then went on to solids. She didn't enjoy that transition which ended up with us trying out baby led weaning. Definitely a different experience, but one that she preferred. As long as she was eating, I was happy!
Fun fact: when Andi was just 2 months old, I started watching my niece during the week. So she's actually been growing up with two older sisters! But of course she doesn't mind, one more person to terrorize ;)
Andi started sitting up on her own around 6 months, crawling at 10 months and walking at 13 months. Of course we always anxiously await our little ones getting to the next milestone because we're too excited ourselves, but let's be honest, we've all wished at least a few times that our mobile babies were still sleepy newborns.
Andi's first word was "dada"... OF COURSE! She can now repeat a plethora of words back to you, but ones that she says on a daily basis are: hi, bye, daddy, mama, baby, fia (Sofia the First), Riri, why? (thanks to Riley's constant questioning), Riel (Ariel), Mila, yeah, no, nana (banana) and more.
And here is Andi at 15 months today! My silly, friendly, super sweet, extra loving, happy little monkey! She learns so much every day, it still amazes me when I see her catching on to things so quickly. She and her sister are going to be one terrifyingly smart duo.

Hope you enjoyed getting to know my littlest princess a little better! I will be posting about Riley as well, so stay tuned!

Thanks for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment