Thursday, February 6, 2014

{Riley} Little Ballerina ♔

Before I was pregnant with Riley, and I would think about the day I would have kids, I always knew that I would have a daughter... and she would be a dancer! It was something that I wanted for myself when I was younger, but it just never happened. Some would probably say that I am living vicariously through my daughter, you could be right. But I wouldn't ever make my children do something that they didn't want to do... and taking naps or sending them to time-out doesn't count! :P

Riley is finally old enough to start dabbling in recreational activities, figuring out what she likes and what she doesn't like. I've been noticing more and more lately that Riley really enjoys dancing and singing! Does that mean she is born to be a dancer/singer? Maybe not, but we'll never know until we try!

Yesterday evening, Riley attended her very first dance class. And even though it was only at a local park, I still couldn't help feeling excited for her! I told myself that if she ended up really liking the classes, that I would put her into a studio and pay the extra $20 something a month so she can be the best that she can be. Of course, only if that's what Riley wants.

Here are some pictures that I caught from her class:
Her class was 45 minutes, but that definitely wasn't long enough for Riley! For the first 5-10 minutes, she was really shy. She stood next to me while the teacher led the other girls in stretches, and towards the end she started catching on. Next they all lined up and did some floor work across the room, I'm almost positive her fave was when they were practicing leaps! They would get a sticker after every exercise and Riley would run over to me with such a proud smile, "Look, Mommy!", hug included :) The 2nd half of the class they switched to tap shoes; easy to say, Riley enjoyed these exercises the most! And don't her little-ish feet look so cute in tap shoes?! Once the class was over, I started to take Riley's tap shoes off and put her regular shoes on. She looked up at me, a little disappointed, "Where are we going Mommy?" "The class is over now, we're gonna go home!" "But I wanna do it again!". Aww, I think she's going to like dance class :)

Having little girls are definitely a piece of heaven on Earth, even if they turn out to have your personality. Heheh.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend! Don't forget to enter my Freshly Picked GIVEAWAY!


6 comments:

  1. You seriously captured the most perfect pictures! She looks so adorable in her little ballerina shoes too ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it was hard to catch her during most of the class, haha. i love the way their feet look in ballerina shoes! AHH!!

      Delete
  2. how fun! I'm so glad she had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she did, we're looking forward to a lot more dance classes in the future :)

      Delete
  3. Aww she's so adorable & her sock bun is perfect! I hope I have a girl next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. her sock bun is better than mine! LOL! i hope you have a girl too!!! :)

      Delete