Monday, February 10, 2014

{Haul} Lush Cosmetics: My 1st Visit! w/ Mini Reviews

 It has literally been years since I've heard about Lush Cosmetics and all their raved about products. There are always a lot of things that I want to try, but just never end up getting to- and this brand was one of them. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. Well, I FINALLY visited a Lush store near me and picked up some things that I'm hoping will be the cure-all to my increasing oily skin. (Disclaimer: it is extremely easy to get lost in all the goodies on the Lush website, I would highly recommend visiting a store and letting an employee help you pick out the best products for your skin.)
My best friend always asks me what I want for my birthday, and she insists on getting me something that I haven't told anyone else I wanted. This is probably one of the main reasons she always gives the best gifts ;) The skin on my face has been changing a lot this past year- I used to have normal/combo skin, but I've been noticing my skin getting more and more oily. This has been driving me NUTS, resulting in me overusing my Clean & Clear astringent/toner. Which I later found out, was probably doing my skin more damage than good. So I decided that I needed a new skin care regimen, and immediately thought about using Lush products! So straight to the interwebs I went, to research and read reviews on the various Lush items that might work for me. There were a few things that I heard beauty experts rave on and on about that I needed to try- one of them being Grease Lightning.
 Grease Lightning is a spot treatment for any current acne areas or acne prone areas on your face. It is a gel and is made with tea tree oil, thyme and rosemary, organic aloe vera extract, sea water, lavender oil & witch hazel extract. It can be used on fresh, clean skin and also underneath your make-up to help prevent any breakouts. I am currently on my 3rd day of using this and I will say that it does help in reducing redness and swelling of pimples after an hour or two- they don't completely vanish, but it does help.
 The next thing that I knew I wanted was a face mask. The ones I had seen online weren't "fresh face masks" because you are only able to purchase those in store. When I went in and talked to an employee, I told her about my skin dilemmas and she recommended Cosmetic Warrior, a fresh face mask. I believe the fresh face masks last a little over 2 weeks from the date they were made. The main ingredient in this mask is garlic, which acts as an anti-bacterial preventing any clogged pores/acne. I haven't tried it yet, but will be sure to give you guys an update if you would like :)
 Because I was looking into so many items to help avoid acne or blackheads, it only made sense to pick up an everyday facial cleanser that would suit my needs. I usually like to use a face wash that has some kind of exfoliant beads because it leaves my skin feeling clean and smooth. The girl helping us suggested Fresh Farmacy for my skin type. I was a little apprehensive about using a cleanser in a bar form, but she tested it on my skin and it left my skin feeling smooth without being too dry. I decided to give it a test run, so she cut me a $5 bar just in case I changed my opinion about it once I got home. I used it in the shower that day and I LOVE it. If you're like me and you like facial cleansers that clean, lightly exfoliate and moisturize your skin as well, this cleanser is for you! Their featured ingredients are calamine powder and chamomile extract to calm redness or irritation, lavender to soothe dry patches and tea tree oil to clear up any blemishes. It is perfect for sensitive and troublesome skin.
The last two things I went home with were samples! Both of these things I thought about getting, but wasn't 100%, so the lovely employee left me with a sample of the Eau Roma Water Toner and their Vanishing Cream moisturizer. Out of the two, I can definitely tell you that I will be purchasing Vanishing Cream in it's full size- this stuff is ah-mazing! I didn't think I could love a moisturizer so much! It is very lightweight and doesn't leave my skin feeling oily; it also contains witch hazel with helps tremendously with fighting breakouts. WIN!


So there you have it, my very 1st Lush Cosmetics experience! I could seriously spend the whole day inside their store, browsing and testing out all of their products. They haven't seen the last of me yet! And a super big, huge, tremendous THANK YOU to my best friend Carissa for these birthday gifts. Youda best ;)

If you use Lush products too, let me know what your favorites are! I would love to try them out :)

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to enter my Freshly Picked GIVEAWAY! Ending in 4 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment