Friday, January 10, 2014

2014 + The Resolutions That Come With

Happy New Year, everyone!

 I know, it's the 10th. I will always be late on things, I just wouldn't be me if I wasn't :P

There are a few new things that I have in mind for this new year; I wouldn't necessarily call them "resolutions" because you can make those ANY time (plus, that's way more pressure to actually follow through with them). I would say they're more like goals. They're not the normal "eat healthier", "workout more", "stop spending so much $ on Starbucks"... well, maybe the last one a little. Some are completely random, simple, easy, and some will take a little bit more effort.


Here are my goals for 2014, for myself and my mini family:

+ More family days!
Because Ruben works full time, it's hard to fit in a ton of family time. He's occasionally off on Saturdays, but because I start work in the middle of the day, it limits what we can actually do before I have to leave. This year, I'm making it a point to get out of the house when we can and do more things with the girls! Even if it's just going to the park or taking them on a walk, we need to see more of the outside world. At least, I know I do!
I mean come on, how could you NOT want to spend time with these faces?!
 + Blog/vlog more
This is something I am constantly reminding myself to do. Blogging was and always will be my first love; I may be biased, but writing has always come easy to me. I've always loved journaling (it's a word now!), writing letters, etc. Blogging has always been sort of an outlet for my thoughts. More recently, I got sucked into the world of vlogging and focused on that the most. I love both, but blogging is way easier. Now, if I didn't have to edit/save/upload my videos, it would be a different story...
youtube.com/borntobeasahm

+ Maintain apartment cleanliness
It's not a secret that I am not the neatest person when it comes to my living spaces. ESPECIALLY now that I have to upkeep an apartment, that's all my own, while cleaning up after 3 other children. And yes Ruben, you count as one of my children ;) On NYE, I cleaned/purged/reorganized my ENTIRE apt from ceiling to floor. So now, there's really no excuse for me not to keep everything in tip top shape. Right? I'll try and remember that when I decide that watching Law & Order: SVU re-runs are more important than that sea of toys all over the floor... heh

 + Start and keep up with a daily gratitude journal
I started this on the first day of the New Year, and so far so good! I keep it on my night stand so that I remember to jot down something that I loved/made me happy/that I'm grateful for during that day. I up-cycled an old journal of Ruben's mom's that she never used, covered it with brown paper and decorated it accordingly. I think it came out pretty cute, if I do say so myself...
+ Listen to more country music 
This one is what I meant by "some are completely random...". If you're a country lover, than you'll probably understand why this would be one of my goals for this year. I used to listen to country music heavily during high school. Everything about it I LOVED (and still do!). I enjoy being able to listen to feel-good songs, without hearing curse words every other second or watching weird music videos to go along with the song. Since I became a mom, I don't have time to research new & upcoming artists and songs like I used to so I get stuck listening to mainstream music on KISS FM or AMP Radio. Nothing wrong with that, but I'm a little tired of listening to the same 5 songs over and over. I think I was a Southern Belle in another lifetime- I love sweet tea, anything BBQ has me drooling, and potatoes should have their own section on the food pyramid, IMO.

+ Bake, cook, & DIY more things
Since moving out on our own, we've gotten stuck on the same dinners week after week. Not to mention, baking used to be one of my favorite things to do and now all I can manage to get out of the oven are cupcakes from the box or cookies from already made dough :( I did start to do some DIY projects around the holidays, but definitely need to kick it up a notch and start doing some more! Time to start putting those Pinterest boards to good use!

What do you think of my New Year's "resolutions"? Think I can keep up?

Thanks for reading, do make sure you follow so you don't miss anything ;)


2 comments:

  1. Ya, you could totally keep up with those! Love your journal! It is so cute! I have so many journals- for myself, pregnancy, ideas, letters to Ariana! I should totally cook different things like get out my cookbook and actually meal plan! Haha! We get stuck in our ways I suppose. Nice, happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DITTO on the journals! LOL! I have them everywhere, for just about anything. One thing that I want to do for Riley & Andi is write down all of my recipes and family recipes and put it into a book for them! How cute would that be?!

      Delete