Sunday, July 14, 2013

{Memory Monday}: The Time I Tried Shrimp

Hey guys! I've missed blogging so much and I thought, I'm not going to let not our woes of no Internet at our new place stop me from posting anymore! So I'll do it from my iPhone instead ;)

So I'm pretty sure everyone is familiar with Instagram and the ever popular "Throwback Thursday" pictures. Kudos, to whoever thought of that! I participate in TBT whenever I find a good picture I'd like to share. Which brings me to the reason behind this post...

I like to be nostalgic sometimes, and the other night I found myself thinking back on my relationship with Ruben before our babies. We did a lot of things that I sometimes forget about- Including trying shrimp together! Introducing...

*MEMORY MONDAY*

How genius is the idea to share a specific memory with everyone in the blogging community every Monday? Like I said, I like to reflect on favorite memories from the past. They don't even have to be your favorite! They can just be memorable :) 

I decided to share with you guys the time Ruben and I tried shrimp together for the 1st time and how it even came about. If you know us, you know that we're not big seafood eaters. Actually, we don't eat seafood at all. It's just something neither of us enjoys, one of the few things we have in common ;P

Sometime back in 2009... 

I'm not sure if it was my mom, or Ruben's mom, but one of them had a Red Lobster gift card that they didn't want for some reason so they passed it along to us. At first Ruben and I thought, what are we going to do with this? We don't like seafood! But who could pass up free food at the age of 18!?! Our plan was to go and get chicken strips and fries... I mean, what place doesn't have that right? When we got there, upon looking at the menu and got this wild idea to be spontaneous and try something new! Why not!? Now, I don't like seafood... But that doesn't mean I've never tried any before. I've tried TONS. None of which I cared for. At the time, Ruben hadn't tried any. So we asked the waitress what a "safe" choice would be for 2 picky teens to try together- she suggested fried shrimp. If I remember correctly, we both tried it with ketchup (LOL) and though we didn't think it was terrible, we agreed it wasn't something we liked. We then ordered our chicken strips and fries, ate, and walked out swearing to never try seafood again. 

Since then I've tried a few different seafood items, none of which I liked. I just don't have the palette for creatures of the sea. But hey, fish are friends not food! ;)

So there you have it, one of the many firsts I had with Ruben. One of my favorite memories we've shared together. And my very 1st memory for {Memory Monday}! 

Hope you guys enjoyed, and look out for more posts coming your way! 

Emoji kisses,
-Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment