Saturday, February 9, 2013

{30 Days of Blogging} Day 3: My Relationship With My Parents

Day 3: Describe your relationship with your parents.
I'm going to be honest, I was dreading this question. I even thought about not doing it- but I have a bad habit of leaving things unfinished and didn't want that to happen to this 30 day challenge. My parents are no longer together, so I will be writing about my separate relationships with each. Here we go...

Mom- I was one of those kids that liked to get into trouble, a lot. Even when my mom would discipline me, I would still continue to disobey her. I couldn't tell you the reason why, maybe I wasn't getting enough attention, who knows. This behavior continued until the end of high school, and not too long after that, I was pregnant with Riley. I ended up moving out of my mom's house which is when our relationship changed- for the better. We no longer argued all the time, I called her if I needed her, she came to see Riley & I. It was just a better situation for all of us in the end. There were also other factors that played a role in our relationship while I lived with her, which is why it may sound a bit confusing... but I'll leave those out of this post. I grew to appreciate my mom more and more as time went on. Living with her made me realize all of the things she did for me, and the way she was with me was only her way of trying to control her out of control child. And being a mother myself made me see that. My mom was an amazing single mom to my sister and I- she provided for us and didn't need anyone else's help. She never let anything stop her from giving us the life she knew we deserved. And for that, I will always be grateful for having a mom like her.

Dad- As a child, I remember spending a lot of time with my dad. I would go over to see him often and we would always do things with his plethora of "friends". When I think back to it now, it wasn't a healthy situation for a child to be in. I loved hanging out with him though. As I got older, and developed my attitude,  I stopped seeing him as much. To put it simply, I was getting wiser and didn't like the kind of person my dad was. There was an incident that changed the way I would feel about him forever- I don't like to dwell on it, but I believe everything happens for a reason. Our relationship today is OK, we see each other every so often and he'll call to see how I'm doing. I've learned to live without that father influence and I will continue on with my life and make sure that I never make the same mistakes with my little girls.

Well, that was probably the most intense post I'll end up writing on this blog. Haha!

Until tomorrow....

-Paige
********************************************************************************************
Day 1: List 10 random facts about yourself.
Day 2: Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and describe how they became fears.

Day 3: Describe your relationship with your parents.
Day 4: List 5 things you would tell your 16 year-old self if you could.
Day 5: What are the 5 things that make you happiest right now?
Day 6: What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
Day 7: What is your dream job, and why?
Day 8: What are 3 passions you have?
Day 9: List 3 people who have influenced you, and how.
Day 10: Describe your most embarrassing moment.
Day 11: Describe a few of your pet peeves.
Day 12: Describe a typical day in your life.
Day 13: Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
Day 14: Describe 5 strengths you have.
Day 15: If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
Day 16: What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
Day 17: What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
Day 18: What is the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
Day 19: If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
Day 20: Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
Day 21: If you could have 1 superpower, what would it be and what would be the first thing you did with it?
Day 22: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
Day 23: List your top 3 hobbies and why you love them.
Day 24: Describe your family dynamic from your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
Day 25: If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
Day 26: What popular notion do you think the world has wrong?
Day 27: What is your favorite part of your body and why?
Day 28: What is your love language?
Day 29: What do you think people misunderstand the most about you?
Day 30: List 5 things you would hope to be remembered for.

2 comments:

  1. Good job Paige! Takes a lot of courage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm like totally creeping through all your old posts right now but I love reading them... Paige, this is beautiful. I also realize so much my parents did for me now that I am a mom. I feel so awful about all the crap I put them through in high school and getting pregnant when all they really wanted for me was to be happy and successful. Well, I realize that now and hopefully they see that I can eventually get to that place in my life. Well, at least I have the "happy" part down lol! You seem to be doing just fine and I know your mom must be very proud of you.

    I'm sorry about your Dad. It's never the kids' fault when a parent just doesn't turn out to be a good parent. I'm glad you have taken that experience and modeled yourself to be the best parent you can be. What you're doing is obviously working! Your babies are so happy, smart, and stable! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete