Saturday, December 1, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 19 & 20

 Day 19- Thankful for breastfeeding. I have been extremely lucky when it comes to breastfeeding- both Riley and Andi were/are awesome eaters! They latched immediately, nursed, burped and fell asleep. I nursed Riley for only 3-4 months (my fault! I wasn't drinking enough water and we were supplementing which decreased my milk supply until it was gone all together) but I'm hoping I'll be able to nurse Andi for at least 1 year. We've been doing amazing so far! I can already see her little baby chubs coming in :) I love the fact that I'm providing my baby with the best nutrition available to her, I love the bonding time we get to share and I love seeing her grow and knowing that MY milk is the reason.

Day 20- Thankful for paternity leave. Or maybe I should be thankful for Bank of America? Because they're the ones that allow their male employees to take time off to bond with their newborn babies! AND THEY STILL PAY! Amazing, right? I've been really happy that Ruben has been home with Riley, Andi and I and that we've been able to spend time together as a family. It's also been really awesome that he was here to help me adjust to being home with 2 kids instead of just 1 and that he's been helping me take care of the both of them until he goes back to work. Which isn't until the beginning of February! It doesn't get much better than that.

2 comments:

  1. YAY breastffeding! I'm thankful for breastfeeding too but now after almost three years I have to admit I'm getting tired ahahah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire, I kept trying to reply to your from my phone and it wouldn't let me! But you're a trooper for hanging in there so long! Kudos to you :) hope you and the family are doing well!

      Delete