Tuesday, November 13, 2012

DIY: Infant/Toddler Sick Pail

As a mommy, you know, that the worst part is taking care of a sick little babe. Riley, unfortunately, has been sick quite a lot and I hate seeing her so miserable! Last week she was sick while I was in the hospital giving birth to my 2nd little girl. I was so sad that I couldn't be home to nurse her back to health myself, but I most definitely wanted her to be better by the time I brought her newborn sister home. Here lies my inspiration for a "sick pail". I was leaving her to stay with her grandparents, so I wanted to make sure they had everything they needed to make her feel better. I put together a little box full of all kinds of things you would normally use/need while you're sick.
What I Included:
1. Aquaphor- for dry noses that have been wiped constantly due to runny noses!
2. Vicks/Infant Chest Rub- Vicks for the bottom of their feet, then cover with socks. Infant chest rub for chest, back and a little under the nose to breathe better while sleeping.
3. Thermometer
4. Nose Syringe- for those yucky runny noses.
5. Hand Sanitizer
6. Children's Tylenol
7. Disinfectant Spray
8. Cloth rags- made from old receiving blankets! Reusable and more gentle on sensitive skin.

These are the things that I normally use for a basic cold or flu. Something else that I would add would be honey lollipops (i.e. Little Colds by Little Remedies) for sore throats and a children's multi-vitamin for a speedy recovery!

Flu season is here! Keep your little ones healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment