Wednesday, November 28, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 15-18

{Special People}
 Day 15- Thankful for my mommy! I've always respected my mom for being a strong woman and doing whatever it took to support my sister and I as a single mother for 10 or so years. (She's happily married now) Without her, I wouldn't be the person I am today. And I'm sure it was hard not to, but thank you for never giving up on me!

Day 16- Thankful for my sister, April. My sister and I haven't always been as close as we are now; we're 7 years apart and when I was younger we hardly had anything in common. As I got older, and probably more tolerable, we started getting along better and now I don't go more than a day without talking to her. She's one of my best friends and I know that no matter what, I could go to her (and my brother-in-law) with anything and they'd be there to listen, help, support, or encourage me. Having a sister is a life long gift! I love you sissy! :)

Day 17- Thankful for my grandma, Lani. Not that I don't appreciate ALL of my grandparents, but I've always had a special relationship with my grandma Lani. Whenever I think back to my childhood, majority of my memories involved her somehow. Whether it was going to church with her every week, or going to spend the night with her when she lived with my uncle, I've always loved spending time with grandma. She's the most loving, caring, selfless, hardworking person I know. I am extremely grateful to have someone like her in my life.

Day 18- Thankful for my "in-laws", Christina and JC. They have both been like a 2nd set of parents to me. I can always go to either of them if I need something, have a problem, need to talk or just want to hang out. They've been so supportive of Ruben and I and our little family. Not to mention, they're super awesome because they allow Ruben and I to have time to ourselves if we ever want to go out to see a movie or hang out with friends for a few hours. How lucky I am to have people who care about and look out for me as if I was their own daughter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment