Sunday, July 1, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving!

Halloween has come and gone, and I'm still pregnant!? My due date was said to be on the 24th of October which means I am currently 9 days over due! As my due date approached, I started getting really anxious and impatient. Always wondering if and when she would come, and what the heck was taking so long! After I passed my due date, all the overwhelming thoughts of her grand entrance slowly faded and I instead started focusing on what alone time I had left with just Riley and me. I realized I was taking attention away from Riley already, and that was something I told myself I wouldn't do.

So here lies the reason to my very first blog post on my brand new "mommy blog"...

*30 Days of Thanksgiving*
 I felt that this year was important for me to remind myself of the things that I am and should always be thankful for. Just something for me to look back on from time to time so that I don't take anyone or anything for granted... something that everyone, as a human, tends to do.

So here it goes!

Day 1- I'll start off with saying that I am and will forever be thankful for my first daughter, Riley. She has been the sunshine in my life for 2 years and counting! She gave me life, and made me realize what kind of person I was and wanted to be. Thank you, Riley! Mommy loves you more than you will ever know.

Day 2- Although I am currently still pregnant with her, I will say that I am thankful for the healthy growth and development that Andi has been making inside the womb for the past 9 months. I know you're comfortable in there, but you're going to have to come out and meet everyone soon! Your sister is super excited to meet you and your Daddy is getting anxious as well! I love you, and hope to see you soon! (Like, this weekend... please?)

Day 3- It's almost the 3rd, so why not? The 3rd thing, or person rather, that I am thankful for is (of course) my boyfriend and father of my 2 little girls, Ruben. I will always, always, always thank God for giving me the best partner in life and in raising 2 princesses. Watching him as a Daddy and seeing how happy Riley always is around him brings joy to my heart. I can't wait to see him with 2 girls! :)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment